Dream versus Life (part 1)

Or should I say expectation versus reality. Many people suffer from this kind of problem. When they expect something great, and the reality doesn't meet it, they'll fall to great disappointment. The bigger their expectation, the bigger their disappointment will be. But the problem is human being is a creature full of hope, wish, or anything we can say that means 'people want something'.

Hope
Hope is there because people know that there is always some kind of possibilities. Whatever the ways are, good or bad ways. It depends on people's knowledge, paradigms, and faith. 'I hope I can get to a college', 'I hope I can get a nice job and a big salary', 'I hope I can make my parents proud', or as simply as 'I hope I can get 100 for today's test'.
A thing I always realize until now, that nowadays people hope of  something 'countable'. Grades, ranks, salary, positions, anything that can be stated by numbers. It is not seldom I hope for perfect score for my tests. It is common things for early days. But, what can we say. People depends on this type of ways where something should be as objective as possible. Maybe people could lie, but numbers can't. In the end, people always find a way to make lies of the numbers.

Komentar

Postingan Populer