[Album Review] Laylania - Akiko Shikata

Finally, latest compilation album from Akiko Shikata, Laylania! *cheering

Well, I have never reviewed any other song before. So, when I still have the feeling of this album, I'll try to catch them and put it into this blog.

I will start with the title of the songs in this album 

1. Laylania
2. Ta Fatie
3. Fujouri ? Tanoshii?
4. Kaze wa Harukana Asu wo Shiru
5. Makuai ~ Kaokageuo: Sono Koro Dan’intachi wa Kentouchigaina Houkou wo Daisousakuchuu
6. Ra ciel
7. Toumei Nostalgia
This album really have a different feeling from any other Shikata's albums. You can hear Shikata's voice very clear and loud. The choir back vocal was not very much this time, so you really can hear Shikata beautiful voice. And also there will not much strange and ethnics instrumental like I always found in other albums. It is much more simple, and quite cheerful. If you get the feeling of 'I was taken to Olympus' when you heard Istoria, Musa or Kalliope, this time it feels like 'I was taken to a wonderland'. Feels like Alice, huh? ;)

OK, so let's start to the first song!

1. Laylania
The main song of this album. When I first listened to this song, I felt like I was token by magical creatures to  a train, get into a castle, welcomed by many people and creatures, and in the end they asked me to join their dancing, singing, and clapping. The music sounds a bit of waltz feeling. I get the same feeling like when I hear Rondo of Lilybell from Emma Series. Yeah, it does feel something like that. And the most unique thing I found is, you will hear a cat 'Nyaa~' after the first chorus. Hahaha. Quite interesting, right?

2. Ta Fatie
OK. The first comment I want to give is, this song is creepy. Umm, I still get the creepy feeling near my back hahaha. The language...I don't know. It is not japanese of course. Sounds like some european or latin language. After the first chorus, the music sounds like a medieval music? But still not remove the creepy feeling. Hahaha. But, still it is a beautiful song, from Shikata as always...

3. Fujouri>Tanoshii? (Irrationality>Fun?)
Somehow, it is the first Shikata's song that give me the feeling 'What a cute song!'
It really feels like Alice come to wonderland :D
Actually the story of this song is near something like that. Someone enters a funny city that full of irrationality. You'll find it when Shikata sing 'ta-ta-ta-taihen' (I-I-I am in a great trouble). But somehow she still find it to be fun (Tanoshii!)

4.  Kaze wa Harukana Asu wo Shiru (The Wind Knows the Distant Tomorrow)
Back to Shikata's 'normal' song. Opened by a beautiful choir, and sound of flute. This song give a feeling of journey to a distant land. I can find many beautiful voice here. Start from the drum or tom-tom-like, guitar in the middle of the song, harmonica, and violin near the end of the song. Shikata's voice sounds very beautiful in this song. This song give me the same feeling like Exec-Harvestasya and Harukanaru Tabini from Harmonia album.

5. Makuai ~ Kaokageuo: Sono Koro Dan’intachi wa Kentouchigaina Houkou wo Daisousakuchuu (Intermission ~ Kaokageuo: That was when the members were in a big search for the wrong direction)
Fifth song, completely an instrumental song. You will be take to a place, mysterious place, so dark and alone. Things started to be strange, and you find yourself entering a place of strangeness. You started to be cautious but things are different after that. The light feeling came, but soon after, you know that it real is a strange place. You enter a room, hear a sound of cat, walk here and around, knock a door and then running. Found another door, and you press the bell. You open something and found something shocked. Then a lot of people cheering! And then the song started to be an uproar, many people still cheering you. And the song ends.
That's what I heard along the song. Maybe you'll find something else? *chuckle

6. Ra ciel
Another Shikata's normal song. This one is from Ciel no Surge. Shikata's choir group was heard along this song. This song sounds a bit like Chinese song. May be it does come from the sound of chinese string I heard in the background music.

7. Toumei Nostalgia (Lucid Nostalgia)
Song for Kono Danshi OST, give a very calm feeling. The (maybe) harmonica sound in the beginning and along this song is very beautiful. I like this song very much and it is very suitable as an ending of anime series. The chorus meaning is very sweet. Somethings like 'Within the revolving, revolving time,
you've always been at my side'
really give a warm feeling.

Well, that's my first review of Shikata's album *cheering*rollingonthefloor
It really a nice album. If Shikata's song often difficult to understood, this one is much lighter and happier. I really love this album. No wonder the cover itself give many imaginations feeling and so abstract ;)

Hope the next album will be much more wonderful than this.

I will give 9 stars out of ten for this album!! *yeay

Komentar

Postingan Populer