2015, you gave me many lessons...

Overview

So, I started writing this just one week before the year end in my lab, while waiting for my friend to finish her experiment, and outside 4 senior students are playing japanese chess. Actually I really wanted to join some of lab members that were having after-party-karaoke but it's quite far from my house by walking, so I will just try to join next time. And while I wonder should I watch anime or check my blog, I decide to write this in the mean time.

2015. This may not be the busiest year I have ever been through. But up until now this is the year that full of lessons. I learned so many things, from my surroundings, friends, family, and including myself. I got lost this year, maybe there is one time that I couldn't walk further anymore and I can't find someone to help me. But, I found help from the One and Only that has all the helps in this world. And I can't help but feeling very lucky to find that kind of help.

First time as a lecturer

So, this beginning of the year, I spent it in Serpong for the first time by working. Yes, the first eight months of this year I spent in Serpong as a lecturer in a private university. Becoming a lecturer has been always one of my dreams. I don't know why I want it, I just think that maybe somehow it suits me. But, after 8 months I don't know if somehow it suits me or not. Becoming an academics is not as easy as it seems. People are the one that you need to face. And this time you face people younger than you that want to learn something from you. And somehow I want to teach them the way I want to be taught. Maybe this is not always be a good way, because people learn in different way. But for newbie-lecturer like me, finding out how you want to be treated as a student could be a big help. And I think I start to love education field.

Choose to dwell in the field of biotechnology and go to Japan

Back in undergraduate school, I am not an excellent student. Maybe it's more like regular student that go to campus to attend classes, doing home works and other students activities. And maybe back then I am not really into the major that I was already in. Of course there were some interesting courses for me. I always like the courses that has something to do with protein or enzyme or biology related courses. Though, I didn't learn many things, because my major is in bioprocess and chemical engineering, but choosing microalgae as my final project is more than enough for me to feel that I can do something that I like. Still I love linear algebra and mass balance, but it's hard for me to love calculus or instruments design LOL XD

Because of my curiosity in the field of biotechnology, especially something to do with modifying organism, I tried to apply for PhD course in biotechnology, I received some comments from Professor that I contacted. They told me that because my background is not biotechnology, it will be hard to finish PhD in 3 years, maybe I will need more. And suddenly I think 'So why don't I try to learn it from square one? Learning what is biotechnology and how it can be applied?'. And there I was, applying for my second master degree in biotechnology. And now, here I am in Biotechnology department of Osaka University. So for you who want to learn something that you really want, you can always do it whenever you want. If we really want it, just do it. The point is we need to be responsible with our choices.

Losing myself

Yes, this year I face hardships. And it didn't come from outside but from within myself. Fighting yourselves is much much harder than fighting outside disturbance. Actually there are some things outside that initiated this, but then I realized the real problem laid within me. First, like many other people may do when face problems is denying. No, I am OK. Nothing is needed to be worried about. Then, I realize I need to acknowledge my problem. Then I start blaming. Who did this? Who is wrong? Who shall be responsible? Then I stopped blaming and found that it's me that need to change. And I start to think 'How do I solve this?' It took me a long time to get a grip. Months. I even uninstalled chat apps from my phone and inactivated my facebook. I avoid many things including my friends. At that time, I only could talk with my cousin and myself. I spent many times alone, but then I realized that maybe I need that. At last, I could stand up and face myself.

Summary

There are many things happened this year. I also experienced many good events, like went to my friends' wedding in different cities, hiking for the first time, tried my luck in business (but well, I dropped out LOL), went abroad for the first time, resigned from my job, learned what family is, joined business english class in EF Serpong (Daron and friends, you are part of my good memories), sharing a room with a friend, learned to cook, wear my own cloth style, pay my own bills, initiate a journey, visited my families before went abroad, got a lot of mementos from my friends, learned to finally read with my heart once more, watched many good movies by myself, read more books, and learn how to learn more.

At the end, this year indeed brought me many lessons and I hope I can learn more in next year. Happiness doesn't lay anywhere, it lays within your heart. So to be happy or not are all your choices.

Otsukaresama deshita* 2015!!
2016, let's create many memories and learn more lessons!!


Minoo-shi
December 30, 2015
Smile and laugh,
Pijar




one of very beautiful spot that I love in Banpaku Kinen Kouen, Osaka, in Autumn



*how Japanese people say, 'Good Work!'

Komentar

Postingan Populer