Summer finally is here...

July...
Summer...
9 months has passed since I first came to Japan. I don't even think that time would just pass by without me noticing that much. Does it mean I enjoy my time or not? Well, I think I pretty much enjoy my time here.

But, many things certainly are different than when I was still in Indonesia. I remember the first day I arrived in Japan. I got a fever, toothache, and it rained that day. I even almost cried when I couldn't read the composition of an onigiri (Japanese rice ball) to check if I can eat it or not. 

Nothing was easy in the beginning, absolutely not. But, I am so thankful that I also got many help since the first time I arrived here. My friend's senior who helped me to arrive on time for dormitory registration (can't imagine if we were late, we might need to live outside the dorm), my lab secretary and Japanese friend that helped us register in city office, opening bank account, buying phone (of course with internet connection). Even small thing like when my senior first time showing me the prayer room in our building; or when a New Zealand family help me and my roommate to move to our new apartment; or when a senior also from Indonesia invite my friends and I to celebrate Eid together in her house, I couldn't help anything but only say, 'Thank you so much'. 

Indeed, being far away from home (even for someone that has been away from home since high school like me) has been and will always be a hard thing. If when I was still in Depok or Serpong I could always easily open an airplane ticket booking website and went home the next day, here I can't do it as easily as that time. In those times, I usually think being strong is not that easy. But when I realize that many of my friends also through the same thing, I know that we are and one time will become each other's strength. 

I have a bad habit of thinking about things too far (and I still don't know how to get rid of this habit) which sometimes make me worried things too much. So often I will think, 'Can I do this? Am I good enough? Am I strong enough? 4 more years will be still a long way to go...can I really do this?'

But, in that kind of time a voice in me will always say, 'You have chosen this path and God trust you with it. So, finish it and finish it right. It will never be easy, but believe He will always be there to give you strength to through all things.'

Be thankful
Be strong
and nothing is impossible

Osaka, 

2016, July 10th



Komentar

Postingan Populer