Decluttering Life


Since I live in Japan, I got the chance to choose what household stuff I, and also my roommate, need to buy. We decide together what kind of fridge or washing machine we will buy and for example will it be new or second-hand. Now when I see our apartment room, I should say I am happy with it. Our room is kinda simple, it doesn't have too many stuff because we knew we will only spend more or less 5 years here.

We have two bedrooms and one kitchen plus living room. When both of us are at home, we will spend the most time in the living room, eating, playing games, watching anime, sleeping or chatting. It's good that we have quite a spacious living room where we can just be ourselves there. Sometimes I imagine if we don't have a living room, we would probably just stay in our own bedroom lol XD

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8a/b8/b3
/8ab8b3beff0b71e45c27f6f59949d5fb.jpg
My roommate and I have the more or less same level of cleanliness (at the same time messiness). Sometimes it surprised me though how we are so compatible in this aspect. I myself don't mind with a bit messiness as long as it's not too much. I also kinda have this concept that a bit messiness is the same as life itself. You need it as a spice, as long it is manageable and you know how to clean it. Well, it's just an abstract concept of mine though. LOL.

There was a time when we had been thinking to buy a cooking table because the space to cook in our kitchen is a bit small. I remember saying it on some random weekend to my roommate if we should buy a table. It needed some time until we really bought one, together with several more garbage bins. We used to have only one garbage bin. But, because in Japan we need to classify our trashes, we decided to buy some more. Now, I am happy we decided to buy them LOL.

Maybe some of you have seen short clips of Marie Kondo's concept of decluttering? Well, I believe that decluttering has some good effect in life. Several times in a year, usually in the long weekend, I would check what stuffs I don't need anymore. When I was still in college in Indonesia, I used to have this "I may need it in the future" feeling. Then my room ended up so full, with most of the stuff that I won't use anymore. Since moving to Japan,  I change my mind to, "If I don't remember using the stuff in the last 3-6 months, I will discard it or just offer it to someone." Since then, I don't remember looking for something that I already discarded.

Probably life is also like that. We 'store' so many things, mostly memories, and feelings. Good and bad ones. It's like luggage. We keep filling one. When it's full, we will get a new suitcase and fill it again, until we don't even have enough hands to bring all of them. Once in a while, we need to open this luggage, deciding on what to bring and what to discard. By that, I think life will be so much simpler. We won't hold on to the things that maybe not useful anymore.

Komentar

Postingan Populer