And it's 2023!

2022 has passed and here comes 2023.

2022 has been quite a fast year for me compared to 2021. And it is certainly less depressing (or less for different reasons).

If 2021 I struggled with my career path and long-distance marriage, in 2022 actually things are pretty much enjoyable. I started my postdoc position in a different field at the university I graduated with Ph.D., I wrote another Working Life article in Science magazine where it also was among the 15 most popular Working Life articles of the year, was awarded 10 exceptional papers and the Best Student Paper Award by the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC), and the best blessing is I found out that I am pregnant! After being diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) earlier in 2022, I was through hormonal treatment for several months, and thank God, alhamdulillah we could conceive! Was not expecting too much, but it was certainly surprising and exciting at the same time.

I should say I am so blessed, thank God, Masya Allah. Although at the moment I am also through another hard path in my life, I learned a lot this year as well. Learned to manage expectations of myself and other people, learn to prioritize myself and my mental condition better for the sake of my baby, and learned to just let God direct or redirect me on every turn of my life journey. And I should say, I am so lucky to be blessed with a husband who is so kind, understanding, and patient, more than I could ask for (I don't even know if my husband would ever find and read this blog, hahaha. But if he does, then yes, I am so happy to be your wife! May Allah protect us and grant us His paradise, aamiin). And may Allah gives us all the strength and support we need to raise our child from now on.

Yes, I noticed I write less and less these days, especially in this blog. I hope I can write at least one post per year hahaha. Just to make sure I don't forget about this blog that has accompanied me since 2009.


Kamikochi, our last trip destination in 2022 before winter comes


Komentar

Postingan Populer