Spring. The End. The Beginning.

Snowy road near Kita-senri station
Season changes
When I was in Indonesia, I never really cared about the changing of season and weather. Not like here in Japan, it is not common to check daily forecast in Indonesia. Of course, I will at least notice that it rains so much around January-February and also September-October. But that's all.

Here in Japan, one of many countries that has 4 seasons, it is easy to notice the changing of season. Not to mention the temperature gradient that could be extremely felt sometimes. It maybe not that extreme here in Osaka, but still you can tell easily when winter or summer comes.

It's Spring
March has passed now. It is finally the end of winter (though it is still cold now compared to last year), as well as the beginning of spring. It also marks the end of one academic year in Japan and new students will enter in this month. So, finally I experienced the 'Farewell in March'.

This year spring is kind of different for me compared to last year. Some of my lab mates were graduating around one week ago, and a few of them are ones that I consider as my good friends. Actually, a few months ago, I kinda said it many times to a friend of mine, "Ah, it's gonna be lonely if you guys are not here." But, my friend said, "That's life. There will be 'Hello' and there will be 'Good bye."

First plum blossom shot this year
When I graduated from high school, I used to not so into new environment, new people, and changes. I felt uncomfortable so easily in new situation. But things start to change. I don't know when it started, but recently I often look forward to new things. "What kind of people will come? What kind of people will I meet? What kind of place will I go?" Of course, I am still not used to saying 'Bye bye'. But, when it arrived you can't help but think, "Ah, life must go on." 

Live at the moment
I used to be a worrywart. Well, maybe I still am. I used to think, "If I do this now, what will happen in the future?" or "What will my future be? Am I doing okay now?" 
But, lately the intensity of this kind of thinking lingering around my head decreased a lot (in a good term). 
I also often look back at my past and start to wonder, "Ah, maybe I shouldn't do that at that time," or "I don't like my old me." This kind of thinking usually makes me feel bad and blame things including myself.
But this behavior doesn't help with me anything. It either left me worrying for nothing, or regretting something that can't be changed. I waste my 'now' moment, and end up regretting it again later. 

Let's enjoy NOW
Image result for live at the moment
Source: behappytips.com
Enjoying the moment is a thing that I am trying to learn now. Because 'now' is something you have right at the moment and will not come back later. Our future is a mystery and no one knows what will happen then. Of course, we need to do our best now so we will not regret it in the future. But, worrying about it so much that you end up doing nothing or overdo it might also be another mistake. The past time is also a part of us. Nothing can disown someone's past. It's part of us, but we can't let it control our life now. What left for us is to learn something from it. Therefore, let us enjoy our 'NOW' moment for us not to regret it in the future and not to make it as a regrettable past :)

Suita, Osaka, 
2017, April 1st
In my lab desk, enjoying Saturday with a cup of coffee

Komentar

Postingan Populer