[Novel Review] Marriageable

Now, it is time to review!

This time, I am going to review a novel I bought in my holiday. When was the last time I bought books except campus textbooks? I think it was on November 2012 when I bought 'Pengantin Surga', a novel about Layla and Majnun. It is a very popular, old, classic literature from Middle East.

But, now I am going to review a romance novel! The last romance novel I read is metropop ... Blind Date by ... well, I forgot the author. The story is not very special for me. So, I skipped reading it until the mid part of the story.

So, when I read a romance novel again, I read this 'Marriageable' novel by Riri Sardjono. When my brother saw I took this novel to buy it, he asked, 'Why do you buy it? Do you want to marry soon?'. Geez, can I just buy this book without being asked like that?

OK, back to the review.

So, what makes me want to buy this novel is first ... the summary! It has a 'somehow' funny summary. Well, first thing first ... Guys, or Girls, this is a mature novel! Mature for language (swearing, cursing, and every 'sh*tting' takes place on the story). And yeah, mature for the plot of course. I don't suggest this novel for you who are under 18 years old.

So, 'Marriageable' is a story about this woman named Flory. She is beautiful, smart, but she has not married yet. Then, what's the problem? The problem is, she is thirty-two, and it is a big problem for her ... for her mother to be exact. Until one time, her mother made her meet an 'oh-my-God-you-are-so-cool' man who is a son of an old friend. Vadin, that's his name. Skip the story and somehow they got married without Flory loves her husband but with a certain condition she asked. And like Cinderella story wouldn't end without she leaves her shoe on the midnight, romance story wouldn't go anywhere without love conflicts. It is a marriage, so it's a matter of communication, trust, argument, and many others. Well, I am not married yet to say all of this but the story somehow feels so natural and light. What happened next? I am not spoiling things here, hahaha. That won't be very nice of me.

What I like from this novel ... I think I will make a list for this.
1. The characters are strong and each has their own unique characteristics. It is not an easy job to make all the characters seem special.
2. The plot, not very hard and the presentation is easy to follow
3. The cursing, including the dirty jokes, hahaha. I cannot say that I didn't enjoy this part.
4. The reality and the moral of this story. The problems seem so real, and if you have to understand them deeply, it has so many morals in it.

I like this quote in the summary.
'Marriage is a too-long-time for love'. 'Pernikahan adalah waktu yang terlalu lama untuk cinta.'

Is it really true?
Maybe we will know after we get married ;)

Ok, see you on 'maybe' another novel review! I hope I will finish this fantasy novel of 'Seraphina' before the holidays end :)

Komentar

Postingan Populer