2015 ... what will you be?

Mumpung masih bulan Februari dan masih ada moodnya, guess I would like to write my usual yearly-review that should be done on the new year eve ahahahaha. But, guess I am too lazy to do that on my new year holiday ... so yeah here I am in my grandma's house in Depok, spending some time listening to Aimer and blogging because I can't just help myself to go to sleep


2014
January
Spending most of the early days on January with my thesis proposal writing and seminar. Initiated by new year holiday with my family, coming back to Depok to have my seminar. And the seminar went ... I don't know. Quite a chaos? Hahaha. There were some basic reasoning that I couldn't explain quite well to the seminar examiner. But, yeah at the end, my 'ideal' seminar would face the reality in the end of semester :D

February
Starting my semester with 3 courses: Thesis, Bioinformatics aaaaand Advanced Chemical Reaction Engineering (the one I couldn't pass the year before LOL). When I first took the fasttrack program, I always dream to have my 10th semester ONLY with thesis course. But, guess this one can't come true. So, yeah I was still taking courses in the middle of my thesis research. For bioinformatics, actually I took the course because I was curious. The courses itself was like a stress relief for me ... on Wednesday afternoon after working with those reactor, distillation set, methanol and hexane HAHAHAHA. Oh yeah, on February I also prepared the documents to get a thesis scholarship because the government scholarship didn't include thesis research. So yeah, besides my 2-years-saving, and the funding remains from my research group the year before, I still should got some scholarship. Thanks God, my supervisor also helped me on this funding with the fund she got the year before.

March
Continuing my research and courses with all those microwave, hexane, and never-ending-research failure. The more I examine them, the more I didn't understand why the hell did those things not work?? There was even this event when the reaction give some little ignition and I almost burn up those microwave set, geez. Pijar, you should know that n-hexane is flammable! I knew it but I just can't help myself to try those experiments -__-

April
Got my interview test of LPDP for thesis, met some great students or graduates from other universities and I didn't pass the test hahaha. Actually, I was quite unsure with my proposal on that time, because it was too 'ideal' and I don't even have the confidence to finish it before July. So yeah, God gave the best result for me. And when I tried to 'calculate' the possibility of finishing my thesis like it was written on the seminar, I realize it could finish but for another 2 years LOL. What I mean is when I try to calculate the mass balance, yeah I could produce some biodiesel (about 2 liters) to have full test and analysis, but it would mean I need about 20000 L of microalgae. When the biggest reactor in my lab is 40 L, that would mean ... 5000 runnings. 1 running needs 8 days, that would mean ... I don't need to say it hahaha

May
When I realized the plan won't work, I prepared a plan B that I haven't told to my supervisor yet. I was very very very unsure with my plans and whether I could have my thesis exam on June. I remember that I almost giving up, planning to just postpone my thesis exam till the next semester. I even almost met my supervisor to tell her I am giving up for this semester. But I ended up told her my plan B instead, and she was agree with my plan. And there I was, work very quickly so I could finish before the second week of June

June
Had my final exam, and yeah I got another not-quite-good marks for my Chemical Reaction Engineering hahaha, guess I just do not have the talent in this course.
Yeah, I managed to finish my research with not enough sleep, not enough eating, not enough taking bath also (HAHAHA). My rented-room only had functions for me to take some clean clothes and put away my dirty clothes, because I totally lived in the lab for about a month hahaha. But I managed it, and I was just very happy to finally had some data to be analysed.
Aaand, having my thesis exam on the last week of June :D

July
Got my magister degree, preparing documents for my degree certificate and other trivial things. Going home on early July to have the PRESIDENT ELECTION in Palembang!! Had my Ramadhan and Idul Fitri with my dear family. The real holiday

August
On early August, I went with Marina, my junior to a seminar in Semarang. My very first international conference, giving presentation of my research in front of many conference attendee. One of the keynote speaker even asked me some questions XD
And the paper I presented now is available in Sciencedirect :)
This month, I started to face the phase of 'What I want to do after this?'. I ended up sending an application to Surya University as a lecturer in the midst of my stress and my 'don't know what I want'. Not long after that, I was called back to UI to help one of my professor project. Ok, guess that was one task to be done first.

September
Got my first job test and interview in Surya University. Deep down in my heart I really hoped I could be accepted so I will know what I should do after that.
Doing the project in UI Energy studies, for gas user industries survey and the project went quite difficult. Don't want to tell in details because it is a phase where I don't enjoy most of my time. But, I realized this is not the place for me

October
At the end of October, I got the result of interview and I was accepted as a lecturer and researcher in Surya University. Thanks God the news came when I couldn't hold myself anymore working with the project. So, I sent my resign statement and going back to Palembang to have things prepared.

November
Starting my career in Surya University. Finally, back to campus, yeay! In chemical engineering study program, I meet a lot of great lecturers with many experiences in their own field. Really happy to have the chance working with the. The second week, and I was given a class to handle, General Chemistry class. This month, starting my preparation to study abroad. Had my very first interview from Tokyo Institute of Technology and preparing the documents for Osaka University and also Nara Institute of Science and Technology.

December
Sending my application to Tokyo Tech, NAIST and Osaka Univ. Hope one of them could pass somehow. 
Oh, I remember on this month I was introduced to an alumnae of UI who had plan to get married the next year. The hell, I said hahaha. I accepted to be introduced first, with very very little information from the 'mediator'. But, after I tried to communicate via messenger (let's just say whatsapp), I started to think that I don't want this (or maybe I just don't get the chemistry via messenger. I am not the person to think you can know someone you want to get married via whatsapp, seriously). Thanks God, he just went away without many things to be told hahaha.

OK, so about the last issue (haha), actually it helped me realize something, realize to whom my feeling actually goes to. I've tried to communicate it to the person, but guess he doesn't think about it yet. So yeah, here we are just having a little chit chat when one of us need to ask something (mostly me asking him hahaha). Have no idea where things will go after this. Well, yeah just let things flow. God knows what will happen. Try to be a little mature here, hope I don't burden him with my feeling. 

So, 2015 ... what will you show me for one year ahead?

Komentar

Postingan Populer