March 16, 2015 - Love What You Do

The third Monday of this March ...

Image result for march 16
Still have my fever from 2 days ago, can't concentrate on my job
Thanks God the students are having holiday, so don't have to attend classes or researches

Just finished my homework
a blown up mind homework LOL

Trying to finish some lecturing power point
only manage to make 3 of them today, those are still incomplete

Thanks God for everything I got today 

For now, let's have a little talk about a quote I found in my G+ home



OK, so that's what Mr. Steve Jobs said about how to do a great work. So, yeah "Love what you do".

When I graduated from my master study, I had this confusing moments where I don't which work I should do. But, I always remember this saying. 

"You only have two choices, do what you love or love what you do."

I don't have any remembrance who said this, but I tried to follow that rule.



"Do what you love"

For me, it sounds like a VERY IDEAL choice in one's life.

Doing what you love should be initiated by knowing what you love first. And not every person could meet this very-significant-first-step that easy. Right now, many people struggling just for the sake of KNOWING what he or she loves. So, if you already know what you love, that is a great bliss.

How to know what I love?

People find many ways. They find inspirations from people around them or just inspired by their self. Knowing that you feel happy in doing something is the easiest thing, in my opinion. There also some people who just simply follow or copy what other people do. That's alright, there is nothing wrong in copying good things, except your friend's exam answers. 
Know yourself, know how it feels when you are happy and really enjoy in doing something.

So what after I know it?

Just simply do it. These days, I find many people who give REASONS. "I can't because ... ", "It is hard, because ...", "I am just not right for it, because ....".
Yeah, so many reasons. Now, stop thinking, just do it.
If you want to buy a pair of new shoes, stop thinking of what if the shoes are too expensive, you think that you may not find some suitable ones, or any other thoughts. Wake up from your bed, go to some department store and see if you could find a pair.
Much simpler, and no wasted energy.


"Love what you do"

For me, I don't know if will be the same case for everyone, this one IS harder.

Sometimes you find yourself in a condition and position where you can't easily run away or avoid your situation. You WOULD like to do something that you love, but there are some conditions or constraints. For example ... I found this case many times when I was still in my undergraduate study. There are some of my friends who thought that the major they were taking are just not suitable for them, or it was too hard. Yeah, of course there is a choice to take another entrance exam in the next year and getting yourself enter your dream major. But, not that many people find it to be that easy. When that choice too is not successful, we should stop and look back on how IF we continue what we have started.

Honestly, this one step is quite difficult for me. I have found myself several times in this situation. But, then I thought "I THINK, I CAN DO THIS".

Just think that first ... it is quite easy. After we say that, try to do it step by step, little by little. It will be quite hard, I know. But we never know if it is worth a try. The next time we try, it won't be as difficult as before, trust me.

Why Mr. Jobs told to "Love what you do", not "Do what you love" ?

Because, doing what we love is SO MUCH simpler and maybe easier. We love to meet our friends, we'll do it. We love to see our parents, we go to them. We love listening to the music, we listen to it. Many things we do because we LOVE IT. That's why Mr. Jobs told us to "Love what you do". For me, it sounds like an encouragement, because not every people love what they do. And when they do not love it, their work will not become great. As simple as that.

Let's try find some positive things in what we are doing right now. Try to see the view outside of your office, maybe you will find some trees and flowers that could ease your mind. Try to see if your students are creative instead of the noise they make in class. Try to feel if you have a good chair to sit on, instead having a hard wooden chair that make your body stiff. If you can not find 3, find 2. If you can not find 2, find one. It will be easy, much easier than hating your boss, your low salary, or your jealous colleagues.

So, what we are waiting for? Let's love what we do.

Smile and Laugh,
Me

Komentar

Postingan Populer