April 3-5, 2015 - The Long Weekend


Another long weekend since the last new year eve's holiday.

It was easter holiday, and I decided to go home because there is nothing much I can do here in Serpong. And I just missed my little brother so much.

I went from office quite early, because I had flight on 4.30 p.m.

I went straight to the airport, and sleep along the way to Palembang in the aircraft. An old man sat beside me ... it is just quite interesting when he called me 'Missus'. I felt like living in an old century hahaha.

When I arrived at Palembang, I was welcomed with pempek, my favorite macaroni schotel, and pindang udang. This is what I love most when coming home, there is always a family who accept you wholeheartedly.

And the next two days, actually my family and my aunt's had a plan to go to Bangka Island. But, when we arrived at Tanjung Siapi Api Harbor (after a looong broken way down the road), we were stucked from 9 am. to 1 pm. The longest harbor queue I have felt until now is in Merak Harbor, and THAT is in Idul Fitri's holiday, so it makes sense. But, this ... my father only said 'This is Indonesia'.

My Mom and I chose to go out, and search for the harbor officer, asked if our car could get the chance to enter the ship that very same day. The officer told that, there are actually 4 ships that operate everyday, but that day, 2 were broken down, and the 2 ships will come at 3 pm and 8 pm. And most likely our line could not get that day's turn.

Stucked in the middle of many many cars, my mom asked if the officer could help us to get out of the queue and turn our car back to Palembang. So yeah, our long weekend plan was failed, and we decided to go to a hotel with swimming pool, because my lil bro and cousins (who are still kids) felt very disappointed because of this incident. 

So the next two days were spent in a hotel, along with my mom, dad, brothers, aunt, and cousins. Actually that is the very first time I had a long weekend together with my aunt and cousins. So, I am pretty much enjoying it. I got the chance to have a long talk with my aunt, swam with my cousins and brother (I still get the tan skin until now), and finally got some proper bed to sleep on (despite my poor bed in my rented room, but it is quite okay actually).

When going back to Serpong, I met an old woman named Mrs. Ratna Siregar (she said she was 61 years old). I remembered my late grandma for a second. She told me that she had a training or conference in Jakarta to be attended. I listened to her stories when she was still a midwife, helping mothers' labor in Ranau area, near the border of South Sumatera and Lampung. I was astonished seeing her still so energetic and going here and there doing her activities. And the time comes when she asked me about my activities. When she knew that I have a plan to study abroad she was pretty much into liking my idea, and even suggest me to consider marriage after finishing my study. She got her own reasons, and I just listened to her with many thoughts lingering in my head (I will discuss this in my next post, hopefully)

So yeah, this weekend, I am going to spend it with my cousin who will have her post graduate entrance test. And next weekend, I will go hiking with some of my friends. Hope it will be a great journey!!

Komentar

Postingan Populer