"Just try it first."


Today I found this.

"Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being excited about what could go right."

https://boomsumo.com/79-great-inspirational-
quotes-motivational-quotes/2/
I often think to stop trying because I am conscious about what may happen after. For example, if I want to apply for a job, I will think, "OK if I got this, then I need to move out of this city or this country". Or something like, "If I got accepted, then I need to attend to something that works fine for me but not something I am really passionate about".

So yeah, there is always this advice that I got from my previous professor in Indonesia which I always try to remember in those moments of 'life decision'. I was not in his direct supervision for thesis, but sometimes I did non-academic works under him (read: projects LOL). So, he is one of the most hard-working people I have ever met, super bright and smart, and very supportive to his students. He can be strict some- no, most of the times. But I see that his being strict is for his students own good.

Last time, before I applied to the 5-years programme for Bachelor-Master degree in Indonesia, he was the one who said, "Just try it first. You can think about what to do later if you get accepted. It's not even sure if you'll get accepted."
The time when I applied for 5 years programme Master-Doctor degree in Japan, he also said the same thing. And one time when he asked if I wanna apply for an academic position in Indonesia, he said the same thing again.

"Just try it first."

So yeah, now instead of being 'too confident' to get something that I don't really want, I actually start to think of the opposite. "If I don't get accepted then that's fine. Let's try it first."

It's always better to regret something that you did though it didn't end up well, rather than to regret something you have never done. 

Well, at least that's how it works for me.

Komentar

Postingan Populer